YOU WELLCOME!!
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm...
Google vs. Facebook: Slapfight!

Friday 15 April 2011

Privacy Versus Security

          Is it comfortable to be under surveillance? How do you feel if you know that somebody watches you? "It doesn't matter what a person's profession is, everybody has a right to private life." says Dr. Jane Rickson. It sensible for the society, because all the people tend to be save their private lives. However, Big Brother is responsible for people's security. Nevertheless, we have to differentiate between security and privacy. Security refers to measures taken by agencies to protect us. But, privacy comprises secret actions. I admire Dr. Jane Rickson's phenomenon because I am living in this public as well, I have a social life and I don't wanna everybody knows where I am or what I am doing. But it is also necessary for my security. So it seems a controversial issue and a dilemma that we cannot conclude.

3 comments:

  1. 'We have to differentiate between security and privacy.' you said. I completely agree with you, unfortunately our media don't know this or they don't care about this enough.
    But I think privacy for celebrities and politicians is different. When they choose their life, they know that they have no privacy life as much as before. Because they have responsibilities to their public and of course public want to know what do their presidents do? They should be careful about their behaviors ...
    and you know we have a lot of example about this situation in our media area :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busra's comment is very similar to mine. There needs to be a balance and how that can be achieved in any group must be left up to the politicians which we can only hope are effectively representative of us, because we elect them and therefore get the politicians we deserve. Also I read your comments on my blog regarding radiohead and the google translate page. Thank you. For radiohead is also much to slow generally but with that video which is a documentary on urbanization I think that it all goes perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baran, How is the oncology sign up going?

    ReplyDelete